You might like
You are in:
- Fish Pie
Back Fish Pie
You'll love our very own fresh fish selection of salmon, cod and smoked haddock, loaded with prawns in a creamy béchamel sauce with heaps of leeks and peas, topped with a buttery mash.
- 450g fish pie mix
- 100g raw prawns, raw
- 1 pint milk
- 1 onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves
- 2 leeks
- 100g butter
- 25g plain flour
- 1 bunch parsley
- 50g frozen peas
- 1 kg potatoes
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Infuse the milk by chopping the onion in half, and adding to a pan with the milk, bay leaf and cloves.
- Heat the milk until warm but do not allow to boil. Pass the milk through a sieve and set aside for later.
- Place the fish pie mix and prawns on a lightly oiled baking tray and bake in the oven for 5 minutes at 180 degrees. Remove and set aside.
- Trim and finely slice the leeks and wash well. Soften the leeks in half the butter and cook (without browning) for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and mix well to form a roux (a thickener). Slowly add the infused milk to make a thick rich sauce.
- Stir the peas and baked fish mix into the sauce with the finely chopped parsley. Gently stir without breaking the fish.
- Place in a deep casserole dish, cover and leave to cool. (Once cooled can be kept in the fridge until you’re ready to cook).
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 25mm chunks. Pop them in a pan, bring to the boil and simmer until cooked. Drain and mash with butter.
- Top the cooled fish pie mix with mash, decorate with a fork. Cook for 25-30 mins at 180 degrees until golden brown.
- Share your tasty dish with friends and family!