You might like
You are in:
- Eat in the Hand Fish Tacos
Back Eat in the Hand Fish Tacos
Eat in the Hand Fish Tacos
Stack and fill these easy-to-eat Colombian style tacos. Perfect to eat al fresco! You can prepare the filling ahead of time, and pack the tacos seperately - filling the taco shells just before eating will help keep them crisp.
- 300g cod loin
- 150g natural yogurt
- 1 whole lime, juice only
- 1 large pineapple, halved
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1 large red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 8 whole taco shells
- 1 large iceberg lettuce, halved and shredded
- 1 whole avocado, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Place the cod loin on a baking tray, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and season.
- Grill for 20 minutes or until cooked through and the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix 150g natural yogurt with the zest of 1 lime, the pineapple, desiccated coconut, red onion, fresh coriander and season.
- If you're eating the tacos warm and right away, warm 8 taco shells under the grill for 2 mins. Alternatively pack these up with the rest of your picnic.
- When you're ready to stuff the tacos, add a teaspoon of pineapple salsa to each shell.
- Divide the shredded Iceberg lettuce and avocado, sliced, between the tacos and top with more salsa.
- Flake in the cod. Garnish with fresh coriander and lime wedges and Tabasco sauce if desired.