You might like
You are in:
- Easy Five Ingredient Christmas Cake
Back Easy Five Ingredient Christmas Cake
Easy Five Ingredient Christmas Cake
Making your own Christmas cake needn't be complicated. This easy Christmas cake can be whipped up using just five ingredients and the decoration is as simple as can be.
- 200g Butter, softened
- 200g Dark brown sugar
- 225g Plain flour
- 4 Eggs, medium
- 1 kg Dried mixed fruit
- 100g Icing sugar
- 13g Cinnamon sticks
- 3 Sprigs Rosemary
- 5 Star anise
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oven to 150°C/130°C fan/Gas 3. Fully line a 20cm round, loose-bottomed cake tin with baking parchment. Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add 2 tbsp flour and the eggs and beat well. Sift in the rest of the flour and fold in. Mix in the fruit then spoon into the tin and level.
- Cover the tin with a circle of lightly oiled baking parchment, bake for 2 hours 30 minutes. Remove the paper ‘lid’ and bake for a further 30 minutes.
- Insert a metal skewer into the centre. If it comes out clean it’s cooked. If not return the cake to the oven for 10 minutes or so, then retest.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 20 minutes, then remove and leave on a wire rack until cold.
- To decorate, cut out a few stars from thin cardboard, place over the top of your cooled cake and dust with icing sugar. Tie some ribbon around the cake.
- Make a bundle of cinnamon sticks and fresh rosemary sprigs using thin ribbon. Place on the cake with sugar-frosted cranberries and star anise.