- Crispy Baked Chicken Goujons
Crispy Baked Chicken Goujons
This recipe for Crispy Baked Chicken Goujons
will fast become one of your favourites! We’ve found the perfect way to achieve
a deliciously crispy coating without having to deep fry. By simply mixing panko
breadcrumbs with a little bit of Mellow Yellow Rapeseed Oil, when you bake in
the oven, the breadcrumbs are able to get really crispy and provide you with a
brilliantly simple solution.
- 2 Chicken Breasts , cut into slices
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1½ tbsp Plain Flour
- 5 tsp Garlic Granules, (optional)
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika(or hot smoked paprika if you prefer)
- 5 tbsp Panko Breadcrumbs, Any breadcrumbs could be used here, even homemade using toasted crusts from fresh bread
- 2 tbsp Mellow Yellow Rapeseed Oil, you may need slightly more or less
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: Per 100g as consumed: Kcal 212, Fat 4.6g of which saturates 1g, Cabohydrates 23.7g, Sugars 0.7g, Fibre 1.3g, Protein 18.3g, Salt 0.69g
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan.
- Set up 3 bowls on your work surface. In the first bowl, add a beaten egg. In the second bowl, mix together the flour, paprika, garlic granules and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In the third bowl, add the panko breadcrumbs. Pour in one tablespoon of Mellow Yellow Rapeseed Oil to start with and mix well. Keep adding a small amount of rapeseed oil until the breadcrumbs are all coated in oil but not too wet.
- Dip each piece of sliced chicken breast in in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs. Place on a baking tray.
- Repeat with all of your chicken pieces. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Farrington’s Mellow Yellow have created a range of delicious recipes for the whole family to enjoy. These simple recipes all use Farrington’s Mellow Yellow Cold Pressed Rapeseed oil which has half the saturated fat of olive oil, is rich in Omega 3 and has a high smoke point, making this tasty and versatile British oil perfect for all types of cooking and baking.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Mellow Yellow