You might like
You are in:
- Corned Beef Hash
Back Corned Beef Hash
Corned Beef Hash
Comfort food at its wintry best!
- 1½ kg potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 50g butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 340g Princes corned beef, cut into cubes
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 sprinkle salt, to season
- 1 sprinkle ground black pepper, to season
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Cook the potato chunks in lightly salted boiling water for 5-8 minutes, until almost tender. It is important that they don't overcook.
- While the potatoes are cooking, melt the butter in a very large frying pan and gently fry the onion for 6-8 minutes, until soft.
- Drain the potatoes thoroughly in a colander and let them steam dry for 2-3 minutes. Tip them into the frying pan and cook with the onion for a further 8 -10 minutes, until browned.
- Add the chunks of Princes Corned Beef and stir them through gently. Keep warm over a very low heat.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a separate frying pan and crack in the eggs, frying them for 2-3 minutes until done to your liking. Share the hash between four plates, topping each portion with a fried egg. Season and serve, sprinkled with black pepper.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Princes.