You might like
You are in:
- Chorizo Bites with Spicy Dipping Sauce
Back Chorizo Bites with Spicy Dipping Sauce
Chorizo Bites with Spicy Dipping Sauce
These chorizo bites are the perfect finger food for any occasion - they don't take forever to make, and they're absolutely delicious!
- 500g chorizo cooking sausages
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 300g puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 1 sprinkle poppy seeds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400ml passata
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chillies
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch pinch of sugar
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C Fan/Gas 7.
- Remove the casings from the chorizo and mix the sausagemeat with the breadcrumbs, fennel seeds, cumin seeds and some black pepper.
- Roll the pastry into a 30cm square and cut in half.
- Divide the sausage mixture in 2, roll to the length of the pastry and place one on each piece.
- Brush the edge with the egg, roll up then place seam side down on a tray and refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Cut the sausage rolls into 3cm pieces and place on a lined baking tray.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake for 25 minutes until cooked through and golden.
- Meanwhile for the sauce, sauté the garlic in the oil until golden.
- Add the remaining ingredients , season and cook for 10 minutes to reduce a little and thicken.
- Serve the sausage rolls with warm sauce.