You might like
You are in:
- Chocolate Orange Upside Down Cake
Back Chocolate Orange Upside Down Cake
Chocolate Orange Upside Down Cake
Full of marmalade-y flavours this choc-orange upside-down cake is a fabulous tea-time treat.
- 3 oranges, peeled and sliced into rings
- 5 tbsp orange marmalade, warmed
- 150g butter, softened
- 150g demerara
- 3 eggs
- 150g self-raising flour
- 100g plain chocolate chips
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas 4. Lightly oil a 20cm round non-stick cake tin and line the base with baking parchment. Use the orange slices to cover the base of the cake tin, cramming them in as closely as you can in a single layer to cover the base completely. Spoon over 3 tbsp of marmalade.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each one. Sift in the flour, fold in with the remaining marmalade and chocolate chips. Spoon on to the orange slices, level the top with the back of a spoon and bake for 30 minutes until firm and springy.
- Run a knife with a rounded end around the the edge and upturn so the cake comes out.
- Serve cut into wedges.