You might like
You are in:
- Chocolate Orange Shortbread Fingers
Back Chocolate Orange Shortbread Fingers
Chocolate Orange Shortbread Fingers
Simple shortbread biscuits dipped in a lovely chocolate coating, and to top it off, a little bit of grated orange zest. Delightful.
Makes 18 shortbread fingers
- 125g salted butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 180g plain flour
- 100g dark chocolate, broken into chunks
- 1 orange, zest only
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: 30 minutes chilling time.
- Put the butter and sugar into a bowl and beat until creamy (kids can do this using an electric mixer). Add half the flour and mix well. Add the remaining flour and, using your hand, bring the mixture together and knead lightly until a smooth dough is formed.
- On a lightly floured board roll the mixture into a 20cm square. Get your kids to cut it into fingers carefully, using a knife or cutter; re-roll any trimmings. Place on a baking tray and prick with a fork. Chill for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan/Gas 4.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until crisp and lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Put the chocolate into a small bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. When the chocolate has melted, remove from the heat.
- Get kids to dip each shortbread finger into the chocolate at an angle, shake off the drips and place on baking paper. While the chocolate is soft, grate orange zest over the biscuits then leave to set.