You might like
You are in:
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
Back Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
Have a go at making these chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches for the perfect sweet treat.
Makes 4 chocolate cookie ice cream sandwiches
- 125g salted butter, softened
- 25g caster sugar
- 55g soft brown sugar
- 75g self raising flour
- 110g rolled oats
- 50g chocolate chips
- 4 scoops ice cream, of your choice
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
For this recipe you can use your favourite flavour of ice cream.
- Preheat the oven to 160C fan/180C/gas 4.
- Place all the cookie ingredients into a food mixer. Mix on a low speed until a soft dough is formed. Alternatively, you could combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl using a spoon.
- Roll the dough into a sausage shape, approximately 12cm long, and wrap in baking parchment. Chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Line two baking trays with baking parchment.
- Slice the chilled cookie dough into 8 circular discs. Flatten each disc so it's 1cm thick. The cookies will spread during baking so ensure you leave space between each cookie.
- Bake for approximately 15-18 minutes or until the cookies are golden around the edges. Allow cookies to cool completely.
- Scoop your favourite ice cream onto the base of a one cookie. Place a second cookie on top and push down to create a sandwich.
- Repeat and place the cookie ice cream sandwiches in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and enjoy.