You might like
You are in:
- Chinese-style Beef in Oyster Sauce
Back Chinese-style Beef in Oyster Sauce
Chinese-style Beef in Oyster Sauce
This takeaway favourite is delicious with noodles or egg-fried rice.
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 400g frying steak, cut into strips
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 red chillis, deseeded and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 200g carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 200g mushrooms
- 100g canned water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 200g pak choi, separated into leaves
- 120ml oyster sauce
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick wok or frying pan and add the steak. Stir-fry over a high heat for 2 minutes then add the onion, chillis, garlic, carrots, mushrooms and water chestnuts to the pan and stir.
- Stir-fry for a further 5 minutes until the vegetables are just tender but still crunchy.
- Toss in the pak choi with the oyster sauce and 4 tbsp of boiling water, before stir-frying for 2 more minutes until the juices are bubbling and the pak choi has just wilted. Serve straight away while hot.