You might like
You are in:
- Chicken Mango Skewers
Back Chicken Mango Skewers
Chicken Mango Skewers
This fruity Thai-inspired party snack is sure to be a big hit at your next gathering.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 200ml coconut milk, from a can
- 1 lime, grated zest and juice only
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- ½ tbsp demerara sugar
- ½ tbsp fish sauce
- 1 mango, stoned and cubed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 150ml pineapple juice
- 3 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1½ fresh coriander
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: Marinate for 2 hours
- Soak the cocktail sticks in water for 30 minutes.
- Cut the chicken breasts into very thin strips, place in a bowl with 2 tbsp of the coconut milk, lime zest and juice, 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce, sugar and fish sauce. Toss well, cover and marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Once marinated, thread the chicken strips, mango and red pepper alternately onto cocktail sticks. Arrange on a baking sheet and grill for 5 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Mix the rest of the coconut milk with the pineapple juice, peanut butter and 2 tbsp of chilli sauce in a pan and warm through, stirring to combine. Add the coriander and spoon into a bowl. Serve with the chicken skewers.