You might like
You are in:
- Chicken Makhani with Basmati Rice and Garlic and Coriander Naan
Back Chicken Makhani with Basmati Rice and Garlic and Coriander Naan
Chicken Makhani with Basmati Rice and Garlic and Coriander Naan
Here's a superb scratch dish, and an introduction into the fine art of curry making. Juicy chunks of chicken fried with your own masala then simmered to perfection and finished with double cream and coriander. Served with our own naan.
- 750g chicken breast
- 50g butter
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic clove
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp ginger, ground
- 3 tsp turmeric, ground
- 3 tsp cumin, ground
- 3 tsp coriander, ground
- 1 lemon
- 300g basmati rice
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 pack garlic and coriander naan
- 1 red chilli
- 1 green chilli
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- 175ml double cream
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Chop the onion, crush the garlic and slice the chilli.
- Dice the chicken breasts into chunks (around 25mm).
- Blend the spices together, ginger, chilli, turmeric cumin and coriander, to make a spice mix.
- Melt the butter and cook the onions for 5 minutes, without allowing to brown.
- Add the sliced chilli and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the spice mix and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the pan and coat well in the spice mix.
- Add tinned tomatoes and 1/3 of a tin of water, along with 1 crumbled stock cube. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes add the double cream and season to taste.
- Add the juice of ½ lemon and finish with fresh coriander.
- Cook the basmati rice and naan bread as per instructions on pack.
- Serve all together.