You might like
You are in:
- Chicken, Coconut and Mango Salad
Back Chicken, Coconut and Mango Salad
Chicken, Coconut and Mango Salad
Jazz up your salad with Asian-inspired flavours. You can swap the chicken for steak strips, or even tiger prawns.
- 120g vermicelli noodles
- 100ml toasted sesame oil
- 4 limes, juiced
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 300g chicken breast
- 1 tsp groundnut oil
- 60g desiccated coconut
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 mango, peeled, stoned and sliced into matchsticks
- 1 red chilli
- ½ cucumber
- 1 red pepper
- 1 little gem lettuce
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Cook the vermicelli as per the pack instructions and allow to cool.
- Make the dressing by whisking the sesame oil, lime juice and honey together until they combine, and season to taste.
- Rub the chicken with groundnut oil, season on both sides then sear on a smoking hot griddle until cooked through and no pink meat remains.
- Allow to rest then slice on an angle.
- Place the vermicelli, coconut, coriander, mango, chilli, cucumber, red pepper and lettuce on a serving plate and toss to combine. Drizzle over the dressing then arrange the chicken on top of the salad to serve.