You might like
You are in:
This hearty bean casserole is sure to become a family favourite
- 1 drizzle olive oil
- 1 whole onion, diced
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 1 whole carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 whole leek, trimmed and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 1 leaf bay leaf
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 tin cannellini beans, drained
- 1 tin butterbeans
- 2 large handfuls basil, roughly chopped
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle a little olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the diced onion, celery, carrot and leek. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato purée and balsamic vinegar and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped tinned tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, vegetable stock, bay leaf and thyme. Season well and stir to combine.
- Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the bay leaf and sprig of thyme. Add the cannellini and butter beans, stir to combine and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Season to taste. Add chopped basil and stir.