You might like
You are in:
- Carrot, Parsnip & Onion Bhajis…
Back Carrot, Parsnip & Onion Bhajis…
Carrot, Parsnip & Onion Bhajis
Create these traditional meat-free bhajis, perfect for serving at a gathering, meal or party. Ideal for Diwali!
- 150g Carrots, grated
- 150g Parsnips, grated
- 150g Brown Onions
- 120g Gram Flour
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Medium Curry Powder
- 1 Handful Fresh Coriander Leaves
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Medium Free-Range Eggs, beaten
- 1½ litres Oil, for frying
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
CAUTION: Hot oil can be dangerous. Do not leave unattended
- For the bhajis, Greate the Carrots, Parsnips & Onions and put them with the gram flour, cumin, curry powder, coriander and salt into a large bowl and mix with your hands to release some of the moisture.
- Add the eggs and mix well. The mixture should be like a thick batter. Almost like an uncooked carrot cake batter.
- Fill a deep-fat fryer or a large, deep pan two-thirds full with the oil. Heat to 150C (drop in some batter to test.) Working in batches, drop heaped teaspoons of the batter into the oil and cook for 3–4 minutes, turning the bhajis all the time so they are an even golden colour. Drain on kitchen paper.