You might like
You are in:
- Brazilian-style Prawn Skewers
Back Brazilian-style Prawn Skewers
Brazilian-style Prawn Skewers
Give your barbecue a little variety with this gorgeous prawn recipe.
- 580g raw king prawns
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 250ml coconut cream
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- 1 salted peanuts
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 15 minutes before using. Skewer your prawns through the top and bottom so they sit flat on the barbecue and are easier to turn.
- Heat 1 tsp of the oil in a saucepan and cook the onion over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Add the pepper and garlic and cook for a further 3 minutes. Then add the paprika, season and stir well. Cook for a further minute before stirring in the coconut cream and peanut butter. Leave to simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Take 12 skewers (if using wooden ones, soak them in water for 15 minutes before using) and thread 4-5 prawns on each. Brush with the remaining oil then barbecue for 1-2 minutes on each side or until the prawns are pink all the way through and charred lightly on both sides.
- Place the skewers on a platter and spoon the sauce over. Sprinkle with coriander and crushed toasted peanuts and serve with lime wedges and the remaining sauce alongside.