- Berry and Apple Galettes
Berry and Apple Galettes
- 240g plain flour
- 80ml Farrington’s Mellow Yellow Rapeseed Oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 2½ tsps caster sugar
- 120g blackforest fruit mix
- 2 Bramley cooking apples, peeled, cored, cut into slices
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Defrost the Blackforest Fruit Mix. You will need 80ml of cold water for this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 190C fan, 200C, gas mark 6. Put a flat baking tray in the oven to heat up.
- To make your pastry, mix together flour, 2 teaspoons of sugar and salt. Pour in the rapeseed oil and stir until evenly mixed through.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in half of the water, use your hands to work the water in. Drizzle in more water as required, so that the pastry holds together and shape into a ball.
- Wrap the pastry in clingfilm and rest of at least 30 minutes.
- For the filling, peel, core and thinly size the apples into a bowl of cold water. Wash the Blackforest fruit mix.
- Roll out the pastry on a sheet of floured baking parchment. Drain the apples thoroughly and place the apples and Blackforest Fruit Mix into the centre of the pastry.
- Fold up the sides of the pastry into pleats working all the way around. Sprinkle half a teaspoon of sugar onto the exposed fruit in the centre.
- Slide the galette onto the preheated baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool then serve and enjoy
Farrington’s Mellow Yellow have created a range of delicious recipes for the whole family to enjoy. These simple recipes all use Farrington’s Mellow Yellow Cold Pressed Rapeseed oil which has half the saturated fat of olive oil, is rich in Omega 3 and has a high smoke point, making this tasty and versatile British oil perfect for all types of cooking and baking.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Mellow Yellow