You might like
You are in:
- Banana and Cherry Muffins…
Back Banana and Cherry Muffins…
Banana and Cherry Muffins
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so make sure you don’t miss it. These muffins are great for breakfast on the go. This is also a good way to use up over-ripe bananas.
- 150g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 50g light muscovado sugar
- 1 whole banana
- 150g natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg, white only
- 70g cherries
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oven to 180°C/350°C/ Gas 4 and line a 6-hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
- Tip the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl. Hold back 1 tbsp. of the sugar, then mix the remainder with the flour. Make a well in the centre.
- In a separate bowl, mash the banana until nearly smooth. Stir in the yogurt, oil and egg white until the mixture is evenly combined.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the well and stir quickly with a wooden spoon. The mix will look lumpy and may have the odd fleck of flour still visible, but don’t be tempted to over-mix. Tip in the cherries and give it one more stir.
- Divide the mix between the muffin cases – they will be quite full – then sprinkle the tops with the rest of the sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until risen and a dark gold colour. Cool for 5 minutes in the tray before lifting out onto a rack to cool completely.
- Serve warm or cold.