You might like
You are in:
- Banana Berry Scone
Back Banana Berry Scone
Banana Berry Scone
These fruity scones are packed with banana and berry goodness. Serve them with lashings of strawberry jam and clotted cream.
- 500g plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 75g butter, cubed
- 65 golden caster sugar
- 50g dried berry mix
- 1 small banana
- 1 egg
- 200ml milk
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl and rub in the butter until it forms breadcrumbs.
- Stir in 50g of the sugar and the dried fruit (if using the dried fruit and nut mix, make sure to remove any nuts). Place the banana, egg and milk in a jug and whisk well.
- Pour this wet mix into the dry ingredients and mix to form a soft dough.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until it’s approx. 2.5 cm thick and stamp out 12 rounds using a 7 cm cutter.
- Lift the scones carefully onto a non-stick baking tray.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the sugar and bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden.
- Cool on a wire rack, then serve with jam and cream.