You might like
You are in:
- Baby Potato Salad
Back Baby Potato Salad
Baby Potato Salad
A lovely side for a picnic or BBQ. You could use wholegrain mustard instead of Dijon here.
- 1½ kg baby potatoes, halved
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 15g flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 5g dill, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice only
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp caster sugar
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and cook the potatoes for 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and gently cook the onion, garlic and chilli until it has softened. Add the vinegar and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and add to the potatoes. Allow to cool.
- Add the herbs and lemon zest to the potatoes, toss well and transfer to a serving dish.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, remaining oil, mustard and caster sugar and drizzle over the potato salad.