You might like
You are in:
- Asparagus and Herb Risotto
Back Asparagus and Herb Risotto
Asparagus and Herb Risotto
Asparagus is such a versatile vegetable, whether it's steamed, stir-fried, roasted or barbecued it's delicious! Add a sprinkle of Italian flavour to the dinner table with this risotto recipe.
- 250g asparagus, cut into 2.5cm lengths
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 lemon, grated zest
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, leaves
- 350g Arborio rice
- 150ml dry white wine
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp fresh herbs, e.g. parsley, mint, chives
- 25g parmesan
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Cook the asparagus in boiling water for 2-3 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Fry the onion and garlic in oil for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the lemon zest and thyme and cook for another minute.
- Add rice and stir into the hot oil.
- Pour in wine and stir until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add a ladle of stock and stir until almost all liquid has evaporated. Continue like this until it’s finished and rice is tender. You may not need to use all the liquid.
- Stir in asparagus and herbs and season before spooning into bowls.
- Use a potato peeler to shave Parmesan over the risotto and serve.