You might like
You are in:
- Asparagus and Feta Tarts
Back Asparagus and Feta Tarts
Asparagus and Feta Tarts
British asparagus is considered the best in the world! Whilst it's at its best make these delicious tarts and impress your friends and family.
Makes 6 tarts
- 400g puff pastry
- 2 tbsp milk
- 24 asparagus, spears
- 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 150g feta, crumbled
- 1 handful dill, fresh
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured board and cut out 6 rectangles (approx. 7 x 12cm).
- Lift them onto a nonstick baking sheet and mark a border (don’t cut right through the pastry) about 1cm from the edge.
- Brush with milk and bake for 25 mins until well-risen and golden.
- Remove from the oven and cut away the centre of the pastry to form boxes, like vol-au-vents.
- Meanwhile, cook the asparagus spears, in boiling water for 5 mins.
- Drain and toss with the juice and finely grated zest of the lemon, olive oil and seasoning (salt and pepper to taste).
- Pile the spears into the pastry cases and top with the feta and fresh dill.