You might like
You are in:
- Asparagus, Broad Bean and Mint Frittata
Back Asparagus, Broad Bean and Mint Frittata
Asparagus, Broad Bean and Mint Frittata
These frittatas are an ideal canapé for any occasion, or even make them for a bit of a snack. They are seriously hard to resist.
- 250g new potatoes
- 125g asparagus, cut into 2.5cm lengths
- 125g broad beans, frozen
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large pinch crushed dried chillies, crushed
- 5 eggs
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped and washed
- 2 pinches salt and freshly ground black pepper, alter to taste
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Boil the potatoes for 10-12 minutes, until just tender.
- Add the asparagus and broad beans, cook until tender.
- Drain and refresh under cold running water. Slice the potatoes and slip the broad beans out of their skins.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large ovenproof nonstick frying pan and add the onion and garlic. Cook for 4-5 minutes, then stir in the chillies.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper and stir in the onions, potatoes, asparagus, mint and broad beans.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and pour in the egg mixture. Spread the mixture out evenly and cook over a medium heat for 5-7 minutes, until almost set.
- Place the pan under a hot grill for a couple of minutes, until set.
- Cut into small pieces and serve on cocktail sticks as a delicious canapé.