You might like
You are in:
- Asian-style Turkey Baguette
Back Asian-style Turkey Baguette
Asian-style Turkey Baguette
This Asian-style turkey baguette will really liven up your lunchtime or picnic.
- 1 large carrot, cut into thin strips
- 3 salad onions, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- ½ cucumber, cut into thin strips
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 480g turkey breast steaks
- 4 baguettes
- 4 tsp light mayonnaise
- 1 handful fresh coriander
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Mix together the carrot, salad onions, cucumber, chilli, garlic, sugar, rice vinegar and a pinch of salt. Leave to marinate for a few minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Season the turkey breasts on both sides and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Cut the ends off the baguettes and slice each one lengthways. Spread each with 1 tsp mayonnaise. Cut each turkey steak in half and place in the baguettes then top with the vegetables and coriander.