You might like
You are in:
- Apple, Pear and Pecan Tart
Back Apple, Pear and Pecan Tart
Apple, Pear and Pecan Tart
This tart recipe makes the most of delicious, seasonal apples and pears. The pecans add a lovely texture and flavour to the tart, which serves up perfectly with some cream.
- 300g shortcrust pastry
- 1 apple, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 Conference pear, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 80g pecan nuts, halved
- 60g butter, melted
- 150g golden syrup
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tub single cream
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use it to line a 23cm loose-bottom flan tin. Line with baking parchment and baking beans and blind bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the paper and beans and cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Arrange the fruit slices into the pastry case and scatter the pecan nuts on top.
- Whisk together the butter, syrup, eggs and cinnamon with 100ml cold water. Place the tin on a baking sheet, put onto the oven shelf then carefully pour the egg and butter mixture over the apples (this is to stop the mixture from spilling while carrying it to the oven).
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown and set. Allow to cool before serving in slices with single cream.