Aunt Bessie's Homestyle Chips 900g

£1.50

£1.67 per kg

Advertised products

Product information

Crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside and made using the very best potatoes, these Homestyle Chips are a delicious way to complete any meal. And when they taste every bit as good as homemade, they deserve to be served with pride.
Real good food made properly in just 20 minutes, Made with sunflower oil, Gluten free, Suitable for vegetarians

FrozenFrozenSuitable for vegetariansSuitable for vegetarians

Typical ValuesPer 100g (as sold)Per 1/8 pack (100g)* (As consumed)
Energy485kJ/116kcal660kJ/157kcal
Fat3.6g5.1g
Saturates0.4g0.6g
Carbohydrates18g23g
Sugars<0.5g<0.5g
Fibre2.4g3.4g
Protein1.9g2.8g
Salt0.21g0.31g
*This pack contains approximately 8 servings
Ingredients
Potatoes (95%), Sunflower Oil (3%), Rice Flour, Dextrin, Potato Starch, Salt, Turmeric Powder, Paprika Flavouring, Dextrose
Dietary Information
Free From Gluten
Cooking Guidelines
Oven cook - From Frozen. Conventional Oven: Preheat oven to 230°C/450°F/Gas Mark 8 20-25 Mins.
Fan Assisted Oven: Preheat oven to 210°C/410°F 20-25 Mins
Once defrosted do not refreeze. All cooking appliances vary, the following is a guideline. Take Care - product will be Hot.
Remove all packaging. Spread the Chips evenly on an non-stick baking tray. Place the tray in the centre of a preheated oven and Cook for 20 - 25 minutes until crisp and golden.
Turn the Chips at least once during cooking to ensure an even crispness.
Ensure Chips are piping hot before serving.
Serve immediately.
Not Suitable for Microwave Cooking.
For fan assisted and miniature ovens, refer to manufacturer's handbook for guidelines.

Categories

Ratings and reviews

4.4
16
2
0
2
1
21
Customers rated this product
86%
Customers would recommend this product

Customer reviews (16)

Sort by:

of 3

29 November 2019 by 
A bit dry

A bit tough and dry, the texture inside is not very nice either, kind of powdery/gritty, Morrison's gluten free are much better on flavour and texture.

Was this helpful?
24 October 2019 by 
Best Oven Chips

These are a regular for us. With a fussy child, we have tried so many different brands over the years these are the only ones that stood out against the competition. Most chips arent large enough to be capable of the claim fluffy inside, crispy outside. These ones are. If you turn/shake them part way though cooking they are even better, but whichever way you do it, they are better than any other brand, and can hold their own against deep fried chips.

Was this helpful?
08 March 2019 by 
The best chip ever!!

The chips are absolutely delicious would definitely buy these again very yummy!! 

Was this helpful? (1) (0)
02 February 2019 by 
new favourite

I usually choose fries however I fancied a chunky chip for a change. I was so impressed by these, they cooked perfectly and were lovely and fluffy inside. I will definitely buy these again.

Was this helpful? (2) (0)
07 November 2018 by 
A staple buy

These are my favourite oven chips. I bought when my usual brand was out of stock and have not gone back. Beautifully fluffy on the inside and the crisp up really well.

Was this helpful? (3) (0)
02 July 2018 by 
Good, but......

These are good frozen chips, possibly best but, there are too many potatoe ends from it being sliced. When cooked these are inedible. In each serving there is always at least 10% wastage as I throw these straight out. They cannot be eaten as they are all outside and no potatoe. But the remaining 90% are the best frozen chips i have found

Was this helpful? (5) (1)

of 3

Your rating and review

Disclaimer

This page serves as a summary for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label. Shop is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Shop has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website. You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included. This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Shop Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.

We use cookies to make this site work, tailor your experience and improve your journey. By continuing to use this site you are consenting to the use of cookies. Find out more here